Mississauga, Ontario, GTA and surrounding area. Flexibility around working remotely, some in office hours required.
RideFlag is seeking a proven technical leader for application architecture, who can lead the development of hybrid database solutions. The candidate can implement API centric integration between systems, and define application components, platforms, interfaces, development tools, and testing approaches. The candidate must be self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills to prioritize tasks in a detailed and straightforward fashion.
- Develop modular application design and documentation for scalability, leading the development team and coordinate with business executives to achieve business objectives.
- Assist in the design and development of SQL and MongoDB hybrid database architecture.
- Direct team members in the application of architectural standards and guidelines, data management, organization, and technology tools and systems.
- Identify technical challenges, assisting with the prioritization of debugging practices and testing.
- Travel to development team sites, and potential clients when necessary to coordinate with team members and represent the company as a technology expert.
Skills and Experience
- Experience with object-oriented modelling principles (inheritance, polymorphism) and methods (use cases, sequence diagrams, etc.).
- Proven experience in architecture beyond lead design duties with thorough understanding of application architectural componentization, application mapping, database management and design, and data modelling, with implementations on several projects.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong leadership skills to lead a group through an architectural development process and collaborate with application development teams, business and other team members.
- UML and BPMN experience an asset
- Knowledge working with version control software or services. (Bitbucket)
- Experience with MongoDB is ideal or other comparable database services.
- Development of API management applications.
- Designing and building applications involving Google Maps APIs and Amazon Web Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years: developing and implementing applications involving design concepts/architecture and philosophies, development tools, and underlying information technologies.
- 5+ years: as a senior programmer, data scientist, or technical leadership role.
- 1-3 years: Information management of database structures.
RideFlag is a technology company focused on addressing transportation and congestion challenges that we face with growing and crowded cities around the world. Transportation professionals understand that winners and losers are constantly emerging from the disruptive, dynamic mobility space. Knowing where to play and how to win is key and we believe that driving innovation in the Dynamic Carpool/Mobility on Demand space is a very important strategy to help address the following transportation stakeholder needs;
- Leverage the increasing appetite for ride sharing and different ways to own or use a car
- Lead and help shape consumer behavior in the digital world and sharing economy
- Help government reduce the strain on transportation systems and highways while reducing Co2 GHG’s
At RideFlag, our goal is to develop and use technology to reduce the amount of cars on the road, reduce hundreds of millions of tons of Co2 emissions and help RideFlag users save thousands of dollars in commuter costs every year.